Fees and Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT ARE THE FEES?
- Individual Counselling Session: £45
- Couple Counselling Session: £65
- I have a mobile service for those aged 70+ who live within the Ashford area charged at £45 per session.
- Student Counselling session: £35
- Group Counselling: £20 per session (Bereavement)
- Telephone/Skype Counselling Session: £45
- Missed sessions are payable in full.
- At least 48 hours notice is required for cancelled appointments. Full payment will be charged otherwise, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Payment is taken at the end of each session by cash or in advance via bank transfer.
- I do not have the facility to take credit/debit cards on-site.
WHAT IS COUNSELLING?
- Counselling is a talking therapy.
- Counselling is not the same as talking to a friend.
- Counselling is not like going to the doctors expecting an analysis of your condition.
- Counselling can help with building emotional resilience when dealing with feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Counselling offers a space which allows for support and exploration of personal and relational difficulties (past or present) and the ability to develop new resources and coping strategies.
- You will be provided with a safe, confidential space where you can explore anything that is bothering you.
- You will not be judged, given advice or forced to talk about anything that you do not want to.
- All your sessions are confidential. I will discuss this further with you at our initial session together.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Therapy sessions last 50 minutes and are held at a regular time slot each week.
- You will be seen in a private room and will be treated with warmth, respect and dignity.
- I will not discriminate against anyone based on their characteristics regardless of their different ability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Weekly attendance is important for therapy to progress.
- I work Monday to Friday 9am-9pm. Saturday 9am-12pm.
- I have day and evening appointments available.
- I work in Ashford, Middlesex. There are excellent transport links and British rail is 5 minutes walk.
- Parking is available outside the property.
- At the initial consultation, I will explore your current issues with you and establish the focus of therapy.
- I will leave it up to you to judge when it feels a good time to end counselling with me.
Feel free to contact me, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.